The HPF has five Reference Groups (August 2019):
- Primary Care
Reference Groups provide high level operations advice and are a forum for health promotion leaders to discuss important issues. They meet twice per year with teleconferences and email discussions as necessary.
Each Group, in its Terms of Reference, identifies specific objectives based on the following shared objectives to:
- Strengthen health promotion leadership, relationships and workforce
- Advise HPF on the development of health promotion and the health promotion workforce, particularly in the Reference Group’s area of focus
- Advise and support the delivery of HPF services in accord with the HPF Strategic Plan
- Provide a regular forum for the Reference Group members to consider matters of common interest
- Advise the Ministry of Health as and when appropriate (usually via the HPF Executive Director).
The Terms of Reference also recognise values of particular importance to HPF and to the members of the Reference Group and reflect the values and principles in the HPF Constitution.
Priorities and actions vary between Groups but are in line with the HPF Strategic Plan and other HPF strategies and plans. Structure and working of the Reference Groups are guided by the Reference Group Policy which was reviewed September 2009
Each Reference Group is supported by a HPF Strategist or the Executive Director and the following people can provide more information.
Pacific – Viliami Puloka firstname.lastname@example.org
Asian – Sione Tu’itahi email@example.com
Academic – Sione Tu’itahi firstname.lastname@example.org
Primary Care – Sione Tu’itahi email@example.com
Maori – Trevor Simpson firstname.lastname@example.org