You can now learn about the principles, concepts, and practice of health promotion from wherever you are in Aotearoa.
For the first time the Certificate of Achievement in Introducing Health Promotion (CoA), jointly offered by HPF and Manukau Institute of Technology, will be brought to you ONLINE!!
The decision to develop an online version of the course was prompted by the restrictions of Covid lockdowns and the need for an alternative to the face-to-face course currently on offer.
Register HERE and secure your space for the course which is scheduled to commence on October 13.
HPF’s Māori Health Promotion Strategist Mereana Te Pere says offering an online learning option means that HPF can reach future health promotion leaders from all parts of Aotearoa.
“There are many people who want to get back into the swing of learning, update their knowledge and sharpen their health promotion skill set, but can’t get to a main centre to attend classes. The introduction of a virtual classroom means that distance is no longer a barrier. We are excited to be able to serve our community by providing an online learning platform. We look forward to meeting you soon.”
At the course you will:
- Learn the most current and best treaty-based practices in your role as a health promoter
- Build stronger knowledge of indigenous models and how to embed them into practice
- Learn about the determinants of health, including education, housing, policy development and racism and how they influence the health sector
- Discover how to create and develop effective health-prevention strategies
- Establish more networks in the health industry
Gain new pathways into higher studies and register now!