Te Korowai Hauora is a holistic Kaupapa Maori Health organisation, providing a range of services to the Hauraki rōhe. We are proud of our passionate, professional staff and our friendly team culture.
We value highly skilled, committed community focussed individuals to support this kaupapa. Due to an exciting new opportunity for our organisation, we have a need for:
Iwi Health Promoter
1FTE – 40 Hours per week
Thames based covering Hauraki Rōhe
As the Iwi Health Promoter you will have a passion for supporting our communities across the Hauraki Rōhe to improve health and wellbeing by delivering the Iwi Health Promotion Plan.
Key attributes we are looking for this role include but not limited to:
– The ability to engage and work alongside rangatahi as they are primary scope.
– Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
– Able to work autonomously and need to have an innovative approach whilst being familiar with project development and implementation and evaluation.
– Health Promotion qualification or experience working in communities with rangatahi
– Computer literate.
– A clean full driver’s licence
– Build or have a good knowledge of/ strong links to Hauraki communities, community groups and networks.
Essential to the role, we require a pro-active character with confidence, strong time management, sparkly social skills and a good sense of humour.
To succeed in this appointment you must have a commitment to improving the accessibility of service provision to Hauraki whānau and a clear understanding of Te Taha Māori.
Te Korowai is an equal opportunity employer seeking to appoint the most suitable person for this position.
For more details about the position contact Debbie Petersen, Public and Community Services Manager – email: email@example.com, or call 0274321100
Applications close 9 th August 2019