Age Concern is a charitable organisation dedicated to people over 65. We promote dignity, wellbeing, equity and provide expert information and support services in response to older people’s needs. Age Concern is active and vocal on relevant issues and works to ensure older people stay connected with their families, friends and community.
We are looking for new staff to join our National Office in Wellington.
Purpose of the role:
• To provide effective support and development to selected services provided by Age Concern for older people.
• To work in a new Health Promotion team and manage the Health Promotion Advisor (HPA).
• To prepare policy and statements of Age Concern New Zealand’s position on a range of topics that affect and advance the wellbeing of older people, and writing submissions in response to government (and selected nongovernment) consultations.
• To provide advice, prepare correspondence and respond to concerns and specific requests in regard to policy-related matters.
Qualifications and skills:
• Tertiary qualification e.g. law, arts, political science, social sciences
• A good understanding of the process within which policy choices are framed and a broad understanding of policy frameworks.
• Awareness of the economic, political, social and cultural context of the relevant sectors with whom we engage.
• Well-developed communication skills, both written and oral.
• Good stakeholder engagement and relationship management skills.
• Effective planner with good organisational skills, including time management and prioritising work with conflicting priorities.
• Ability to work both independently and co-operatively.
• Proven to be reliable and accountable.
• Exercises sound judgement.
• Demonstrates honesty and high levels of integrity.
• High levels of initiative, drive and creativity.
• Self-motivated and flexible, embraces change and open to new ways of doing things.
For a job description and application, please refer to our website, www.ageconcern.org.nz For further information, please contact Age Concern New Zealand on 04 801 9338 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 27 August 2018.